Sunday, March 11, 2012

Jar Update!

So on Tuesday I took 5 jars to the Harmon's on 2nd street in Ogden and yesterday (Saturday) I got a call from one of the managers... he said I might want to come empty them because some of them were getting pretty full. I found a few minutes to drive down there to empty them and I was SHOCKED by the amount of money that I collected!

First let me tell you this: I left a small handful of coins and a few dollar bills in each jar...
So me and the manager on duty are pulling out this money and there are several five dollar bills and a few tens, even a twenty! When I got home and counted the bills and change- I had just over $124!!!
I was so overwhelmed by the generosity of these strangers who dropped their change and extra bills into the jars! I had thought to myself, "would I have dropped a twenty dollar bill into a jar like this?"... sadly the answer was probably that I would give a few ones or a five and keep my twenty. Well, not anymore!

I have said from the beginning of this crazy campaign that I will pay this kindness forward in any way I can and this even made me realize that that promise is more important than I even thought. All those people made such a huge difference in our lives by their spare coins, dollar bills, fives, tens and that twenty- I hope that I can make a difference for people by helping at any opportunity that comes my way... Paying it forward truly IS the way to make a difference in the world! You are just one person, but you are presented with so many opportunities to make a positive impact, big or small, on other people! :)

To those Harmon's shoppers who gave a little or a lot to help us out: ThAnK YoU!!!

I have also been able to collect money from the jars at both Domino's locations (thanks, Nick for helping out with the location in Tremonton!), Quizno's, Arby's, and Dylan's on 12th street (thanks, Mom!!) and a few very kind friends have made it possible for us to put jars up at Walker Cinemas and Capital Theater in Brigham City (thanks SO much, Tabitha and Kymnbel)!!!

Also remember, visit Willard Bay Gardens for their Basket Daze and so much more and check out the gardening aprons I have for sale there! :)

Thanks friends!
Hugs from me and London!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad to hear things are going well. It is nice to know that there are people out there that still care!

    ReplyDelete