Wednesday, November 05, 2014

365 of 30: Day 2

Yesterday was day 2 of what I'm calling my Happiness Project...
It was a simple day. My Happy for the day was something that I too often don't do because I always have projects going on and I'm just plain lazy...

Kannon and I went to the park. We took the dog with us and just got out for a while. We live right across the street from the park but we don't go there nearly as often as we should. We typically stay home watching movies and I usually sew or read or just try to catch up with house work that will never truly be complete no matter how hard I try because, as any mom knows, it's just a never-ending cycle. So why do I worry about it so much? (And let me tell ya, if you just dropped in for a chat some time and saw my house, you'd think I never worried about at all. Toys, clothes, books, papers, unfinished projects... they're everywhere!)

Well, I decided to just get out of my head for a while and let Kannon just go have some fun. We weren't there for very long, but after playing on the playground and walking around the soccer fields, he was grinning from ear to ear and I knew that the fresh air and getting out of the house was the perfect Happy for that day.

It really goes to show you that you don't always have to spend money to achieve a little happiness each day.



All I had to do was stop trying to do all these little projects I have going on and go and let Kannon just be a kid. It's something that I need to do more consistently, not only for my kids but for myself as well.

Fresh air. Get you some.

Total spent on Happy: $0
Running total: About $24

No comments:

Post a Comment