Thursday, November 06, 2014

365 of 30: Day 3

Day 3 was a lazy day for sure! London wasn't feeling that great after a long night so I kept her home from school and we went out to buy a new movie while K was in school. We ended up with two new movies, but whatever. I've mentioned before that we're movie people, so it's not unusual for us.



After getting Maleficent for London (and I!) and getting Hercules for K (and I! Hey, Dwayne Johnson is total eye candy...) we spent the afternoon and evening snuggled up on my bed watching movies and eating pizza.

I didn't worry about the laundry, my sewing projects, or cleaning the pig sty that is my home lately. I enjoyed Kannon's questions about the movies. He's getting to this stage where he's really understanding people's emotions and the story lines of movies, so it was interesting to hear his commentary. I enjoyed cuddling with the kids and just watching the movies all the way through with no interruptions.

Sometimes when I'm so wrapped up in my projects I forget that my kids are still growing and learning and carrying on with their little lives while I'm too busy to be present for it. It's so easy to think, "I'll give them my undivided attention tomorrow"... but you're missing out on those small moments that make the every day magical. Like K talking about how Maleficent just felt like nobody loved her anymore, or how London seemed so focused and attentive on the movies. I don't want to miss out on these things so much anymore.

I want to soak those moments up like an Oreo in a glass of milk.

Pizza and movies. Sometimes that's all it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment